Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Welcome Back to Joann's House of Style!


"Hello, everyone! Our subject today is Sunset Valley local and Sullivan Sim Marion Hawkinson! Hello, Marion, dear! Why don't you step up on my podium here and we'll discuss a new look for you!

"Now, Marion, I know you like dark colors and functionality in a wardrobe, but really, we can do better than this, can't we? I'd like to do something a little more with your hair and put you in a color that doesn't make you look quite so...maudlin."


"The audience at home can't quite see, but I've kept the basic shape of Marion's hair - she likes it short after all, and this tends to be a great length if you have problems with flyaway hair. All I've done is coax her hair into a bit more of a wave, just to catch the eye.

"Now, Marion, you must agree that white is a far better color on you than black - and the applique gives it a little interest...and just look at how toned your arms are! This skirt is not necessarily my favorite, but I know you prefer longer skirts, and the color looks surprisingly good on you. Not everyone can wear that shade of tan! To top it all off, you have those cunning little gold heels!

"Let's take a look at your formal wear."


"Goodness! Well, every woman needs a black dress, and I know how much you adore the color, but don't you think we can find something a little less morbid? No offense, darling, but this dress does nothing to enhance your natural beauty. We can do better."


"Much better! It's still your favorite color, but I love bare arms and shoulders on you. The asymmetrical cut is interesting, and I think the hem, while a little shorter than what you're used to, does a lot to give you a more flattering shape. As for the shoes, I took the idea of the choker you were wearing with your first dress and found a shoe that has basically the same feel as a choker, but brings the attention to your toned calves instead of your chin."

"Thanks for tuning in! See you next time on Joann's House of Style!"

No comments:

Post a Comment