Monday, November 15, 2010

Everybody's Gettin' Some! (Almost) Part 2

BIG NEWS!!! Tegan became the first Sim to fulfill her Lifetime Wish. She was promoted to CEO of a Mega-Corporation! Here she shares the news with Erin, who looks like she either doesn't understand, or is only kind of paying attention.
Meanwhile, Joe continues in his quest to become Leader of the Free World. At this point he was Mayor, and decided to host a fundraiser. He invited the creme de la creme of Sim society - at least, the rich ones - and hosted a pool party. He walked away with over 22,000 Simoleons as a result of his kick-ass party.
The Sullivan Sims joined the party. Youngbum was standing really close to the pool, so I thought he wanted to go swimming. I directed him to get in. I forgot that he was hydrophobic.
He just tread water for about ten Sim minutes, looking really worried and uncomfortable. I don't know why he didn't just get out. When I told him to get out, he had a negative moodlet for three hours from being in the water for so long.

I couldn't resist taking this shot of Tegan as she fell on her treadmill. Her Athletic skill is up to five, but she still takes a spill now and then.

I was wrong before...Peter hadn't asked Pauline to be his girlfriend yet. I know because here she is again in a later picture. Peter invited her over.
You will notice two somewhat strange things here. First is the halo over Peter's head. That's because he had just donated 250 Simoleons to charity and was feeling pretty damn good about himself. Only Good Sims can donate to charity. Evil Sims can donate to undermine charity, but nobody else can use the mailbox for anything but paying bills and collecting various prizes.

Second is the tiny plumbobs swirling over both Peter's and Pauline's heads. Those annoy me. Thanks to a software update that I'm sure is mostly used with the Late Night expansion, which I do NOT have, anytime you invite someone to your house or out on the town, you become a Group, and your Sim is directly responsible for the success of the outing. It's irritating. I hated this about the Group options in the Sims 2 as well. I mean, it's a Group. Why is one Sim responsible for everyone else? I thought it was much better when you could just invite people over and they would stay until they got hungry or sleepy and then not comment on whether they were having a good time or not.

But wait, you guys didn't play Sims 2 or even Sims 3 and can't have an opinion on this, right? Sorry. Moving on. But you will see why this irritated me later.

Peter and Pauline decided to make out in the front yard.
I just LOVE that Peter's Charisma skill is going up as he macks on his girl.

And then Peter did THIS:
and I laughed for about five minutes. The action is called "Gaze Into Eyes" and is only available for Hopelessly Romantic Sims. He did it on his own first, but I was laughing too hard to get a picture, so I made him do it again so I could take a picture and laugh some more. In fact, I'm still laughing.

I know Pauline's a keeper because she did not run away or start screaming with laughter. Instead, when Peter officially asked her to be his girlfriend, she actually said yes.

And then Erin and Joe finally got to use their own bed.
I'm sorry, Sims 3, but heart petals and harp music are not funny. Bring back the bamp-chicka-bow-wow and fireworks of Sims 2, please!

In case it doesn't show up in a later post, the forced Group setting annoys me because I had Peter and Pauline on the bed and was about to move them along when Pauline decided she was bored, got up, and stormed out. This would not have happened before. Poor Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment