Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Traits

One of my favorite things about the Sims 3 is how the trait system allows you to build truly complex, almost human characters. Every Sim living in the house is completely unique, and all the traits have at least one behavior unique to them.

Childish Sims love to play in mirrors.
"Blah blah blah!"

I think if he didn't have to eat and poop and stuff, Youngbum would never stop doing this. Or at least, he would take a break long enough to dance to the stereo (something Party Animals love to do) and then come back to make more faces at himself and giggle hysterically.

Slobs never get grossed out by bad environments. There could be a room full of dirty dishes emanating green gases and buzzing with flies, and Tegan wouldn't bat an eyelid. She hates cleaning anything, and if she picks up a plate at all, it's usually to do this:
And when she showers, she always leaves a giant puddle on the floor next to the shower. I make her mop it up, even though she gets mad at me.

Tara is a Vegetarian, which means that she avoids any food with meat in it. Sometimes, though, I forget which foods have meat. Apparently Sim spaghetti is made with meat sauce, because I had her eat some and this is what happened:
Poor Tara. Afterwards she had to clean the toilet because she is a Perfectionist, and hates for things to be dirty.

As you have already seen, Snobs like to check themselves out in mirrors. Friendly Joe wandered in to talk to Peter, because he's not happy unless he's talking to somebody, but Youngbum sneaked up behind him and scared the bejeezus out of him. That's more of his Childish trait.

I have the game on high autonomy, so if they don't have anything particular to do, I just sit back and watch them. It's like watching an ant farm, except the ants wear clothes and speak in Simlish, and sometimes do ridiculous things that make me laugh.

Actually, I guess it's not much like an ant farm at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment